Be Young and Proud (BYP)
Be Young and Proud (BYP) is for LGBTIQA+ young people and allies to express themselves and socialise with like-minded people in a safe and supportive space.
BYP members have the opportunity to:
• get involved in community events
• support raising community awareness of LGBTIQA+ people
• be part of the BYP Collective which includes Bellingen BYP and Nambucca Valley BYP.
At BYP we discuss a range of topics like:
• coming out (or not)
• sex, gender and sexuality
• relationships, friendships and family
• addressing and managing homophobia, transphobia, interphobia and biphobia.
When: First Tuesday of the month, 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Who: LGBTIQA+ questioning young people and allies aged between 12 and 25 years of age and living in the Coffs Harbour area
Where: Groundworks Youth and Family Hub
2/222 Harbour Dr, Coffs Harbour, NSW 2450
(Venue may change so please confirm before attending)
You can find out more about BYP and other activities we run by:
• liking our Groundworks Youth and Family Hub Facebook page
• following us on Instagram: @groundworks_youth
• requesting to join the private BYP Facebook group
• email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (02) 5632 4020
Need more information or to talk to someone?
• Kids Helpline | 1800 55 1800 | Anytime. Any Reason.
• QLife provides Australia-wide anonymous and free LGBTI peer support and referral for people wanting to talk about a range of issues including sexuality, identity, gender, bodies, feelings or relationships. View website here | 1800 184 527 and Webchat – 3:00 pm to MIDNIGHT, EVERY DAY